Are you getting ready to take on a kitchen remodel?
In order to understand what costs you can expect, it’s really helpful to have a kitchen remodel cost estimator.
But there’s something else you should understand.
While prospective buyers have high expectations for a kitchen, it’s the relatively inexpensive kitchen remodeling ideas that add the most value.
What the Kitchen Remodel Cost Estimator Shows
Minor updates that cost $12,000-16,000 have the highest ROI at 92.9% because they go such a long way in making a first impression.
So what goes into each remodel?
$10,000 – $15,000 Remodel
The big thing with this smaller price tag is the willingness to do some of the work on your own.
Obviously you’ll need to call on the professionals for some of the bigger projects. Or in situations where you feel that the amount of time and money you’ll spend trying to do it yourself will not have a professional quality.
If possible, purchase some of the materials before calling in the professionals. Even though they’re able to get materials at wholesale prices, some may charge extra for the purchase and labor.
Some of these projects you an expect to tackle with this remodel include:
- Replacing your kitchen sink and faucet
- Installing countertops with inexpensive materials such as tile or laminate
- Putting in an attractive tile backsplash
- Installing stock cabinets or refacing/refinishing your current cabinets
- Adding updated light fixtures
- Upgrading your appliances
- Painting your ceilings and walls
- Installing energy-efficient lighting in the ceiling and under the cabinet
If you’ve got more to spend and less time to work on the projects, you can make an even greater impression.
$15,000 – $30,000 Remodel
With this price range, you can leave more of the work to the professionals.
And while all of the projects from the less expensive remodel would apply, you can go with higher quality upgrades. For example:
- Replacing your countertops with high-quality materials such as stone, wood or metal
- Installing custom cabinets
- Installing higher-end kitchen appliances like stainless steel
Then with whatever money is still left in the budget, you may be able to add the following projects:
- Adding recessed lighting
- Building a kitchen island
- Rewiring electrical as necessary
- Laying down a new floor
While your ROI will be a little less than with the 10-15K remodel, there is a certain wow factor that comes with higher end appliances and fixtures.
Once you’re in this spending range, you’ll have far more choice in terms of the improvements you want to make. Along with everything in the above remodels, you could tackle the following:
- Installing appliances with the EnergyStar rating
- Adding granite countertops
- Having custom cabinets built
- Installing a high-end sink and faucet
- Putting in additional overhead lighting
- Laying down hardwood flooring
Once you’re working in this price range, you’d be well advised to consult with a kitchen designer. He or she can help you avoid spending needlessly while still providing with the kitchen you envision.
And keep in mind that expensive, high-end kitchen remodels have the lowest ROI. Sure, an upscale kitchen might be what you need when trying to sell a 3 million dollar home.
But for lower value properties, it simply won’t pay off.
We hope that this kitchen remodel cost estimator has helped you in your decision-making process.
And if you’re looking for professionals to help you with painting, drywall or stucco, contact us today. We aim to please.